Monday, June 29, 2009

17!


I can't believe it! One more year and then I'll be heading off into new horizons. It's so weird to think about that next year at this time I'll be planning for college; just crazy! I thank the Lord for giving me so many opportunities to trust him this past year, especially issues concerning my eye sight and my health. He has showed me that apart from Him, I can do nothing, that He is in control of every area of my life and that I don't have to fear what may come my way each day, month, or year. Thank you, Lord, for always being there. I love you!
Here are some pictures of the "momentous" b-day... :)
First picture: I don't even remember what Andy was talking about, but the contrast between him and me makes me laugh every time I see it!
Playing croquet - a family favorite.
Yum! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cheesecake for dessert {and yes, I do make my own birthday cake/dessert every year! I know I'm crazy, but I love to do it. :) }
That's it for now; I hope you all have a great evening!
-AG
Pictures taken 6/7/09

5 comments:

Dad Greenfield said...

It looks more like Andy's preaching [heh heh]

Jason Hunsicker said...

Wow, I wish I could have been there! I'd like to say Amen about your comments about the Lord being in control! So Amen!

Have you decided what college you are going to go to yet? Don't worry, I won't pressure you to go to mine if you say you want to go to another college.

That Cheesecake looks soooo good!

Elizabeth J. said...

Hoe neat! I turned 17 on Sunday

Amanda said...

Happy birthday, Ashley! The cake looks great. ;-)

Margaret Dashwood said...

Happy b-day, Ashley!:)

Bethany