Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a Day!

Well, as most of you know, we had a pretty huge wind storm last night. I woke up in the middle of the night to the howling of the wind and the moaning of the trees (those are some of my favorite sounds; I don't know why - maybe because it reminds me of how powerful God is!), and relized our power was off. "Great," I thought. So it was a restless end of the night (why is that? You know that the power is off so you can't sleep; it doesn't really make sense to me... :) ). Our power was off until about 6:00 this evening and we are thanking the Lord that it has stayed on ever since. That's why I'm writing (again!) to say I'll get pictures up tomorrow, but I think that I'm not going to say that this time, because every time that I do, I never get the chance! :) So, I'll do it as a surprise!
Well, my apple cake (recipe courtesy of Miss Bethany Ring :) is almost ready to come out of its fiery chamber and cool off, so with that I bid you adieu.
Praying that you are all safe and sound after this storm,
-AG

(P.S.
Here's the cake recipe; I thought I'd post it because it's to yummy and to easy!)

Apple Cake
3 eggs, beaten
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix above ingredients together. Add 4 cups unpeeled diced apples and 1 cup walnuts (opt.). Bake at 350 degrees in a 9x13 inch pan for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool.
Frosting:
2 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix and cream the above ingredients together. Spread on cooled cake and enjoy!

4 comments:

Dad Greenfield said...

Ja, after spending the day without heat, I was very thankful.

I'm drooling over the cake--well, not literally. :-) We need to get Bethany to work up a sugar-free version!

Melanie said...

It was really windy here, too, where we are visiting in Indiana. The electricity went out when we were at our friends' house! :-P We will probably be posting about it next week on our family blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

The electric was out while we were at Bible study/prayer meeting. But it was back on by the time we got home.
Hope to see you tomorrow!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash,
glad you finally made it to the blogging world. It is so much fun!! hehehe

Yes it was windy, and the cake was delicious, mmmmmm!!

Love ya,
Meg :)